Cool Cocoon
And here I sit in the cool cocoon of night, breathing the final strands of your scent, desperately grappling with the fading shade of your smile slipping from my eye. Already the memory of you seems distant, so brief have I known the firm outline of your features, failure to imbed fully, brief, but long enough to be certain that I will walk the world for you. I’ll be waiting, I just want you by my side in time. Confusion reigns over the twin realms of your mind, on one side possibility of me, the other, ghost of him, failed love and pain too raw to leave. Smooth gossamer skin haunts my senses as I shut down from the worry, a brief moment of respite I need, a howl at the moon, but I know lessons of the past must be learnt and patience must rule supreme. Too hard to lose again, but I will roam distant lands to capture your heart, it’s dark inner core I will attack with my resolve, unwavering for you, I know I can’t fail lest I rot, a carcass of regret.
No comments:
Post a Comment