Internet Dating
Ruby Tuesday thinks she likes my name but isn’t sure.
Slipping outside she slides in shadows leaving dust motes glittering in the rain.
Misty Blue squats at the bottom of my garden, belching bellicose notes whistling like duck lures.
She can’t help but try too hard, filling my toes with lead.
La La Lulu is a different matter.
Sitting atop my tower, tiara in hand never replying but always teasing. She loves a bit of sauce at
Minging Mandy is scary. Bugger me, what a mistake.
Diasy Matilda was a pipe-dream. Beautiful blue, fringe benefits that I never tasted, sweeping like a phoenix, surveying my land.
Flibberty-Gibberty Gerty swung on the stars and slept in a fridge. She giggled when I licked her, put me off my stroke,
missing a beat.
Top Hat Girl had a delightful button nose that fastened my coat, tied my laces and walked me to school.
Hard lessons that tasted of tin.
Savoy Truffle was the one that got away.
How, I’ll never know.
No comments:
Post a Comment